Critical Reflection

It has been an enjoyable journey since the first lesson of effective communication. This module allows me to have the opportunity to strengthen my English. At the start of this module, I was tasked to set a goal. My goal is to improve on my grammar, letter writing, and able to identify errors within statements. Now that this module is coming to an end, I feel that I have achieved my goals. My three main takeaways would be as follow. Firstly, learning effective communication has allowed me to gained knowledge in writing a clear and concise thesis statement. I feel that this is something new that I have never learned before. Secondly, I have gained knowledge on how to apply APA style for references and in-text citations so that I would be able to use the correct way for citation in a professional report. Lastly, I have learned to write meeting minutes in this module, which would benefit me in the future. To add on, learning this module also allows me to interact more with my classmates, which would improve my socializing skills


During our project phase, my team had faced problems regarding sentence structures and the usage of language, mainly fragment issues. Having all these problems caused us to spend more time editing the report, editing being done rapidly leads to loss of track on our project's main idea. When we were having a consultation session with Professor Blackstone regarding our research, my team noticed that there were some drawbacks that we had overlook, which makes it hard for us to conduct further research on our topic. However, this did not stop us but served as a motivation for the team to research on other possible topics. We were also tasked to do a presentation on our research project my team presentations have been a significant moment that I have learned a lot from. During the preparation for our presentation, my teammates and I were so nervous, until we could not voice out clearly. We could not remember our research information as there was tons of information, hence we decided to construct our idea first and do its casually by memorizing pointers and adopting visuals aids.

During the presentation showcase, my team acted as stakeholders, which allows us to observe different types of presentations. However, there is a team that impressed me with their outstanding presentation skills. This team is none other than team “bricknology”, their presentation slide was nicely done with relevant visual aid. Team bricknology members position themselves so that the audience can see them clearly while maintaining a good posture throughout the presentation. They also pace their presentation well, so that the audience can immerse and grasp the content well. One of the presenter Sammy was confident with what he wants to present, he spoke out loudly with confidence while maintaining good eye contact. In my opinion, he catches the eyes of the audience with his outstanding presentation skills.

493 words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal letter

Annotated Summary

#DRAFT 2 Technical Report